Sunday, January 27, 2008

Student Ideas - Jerry Martin

"Im from a small town north of Houston on Lake Conroe. I have been into fine arts, mainly sketching all my life. Since coming to Florida I found the ways of photography. when im not taking pictures im usually skating, or playing my guitar. I learned from my roomate on an old Minolta film camera and was given a canon xti for my birthday last year. since then I have basically self taught myself messing with things like tilt/shift, HDR and flash and lighting techniques. recenty I got a Holga 120 and am starting to play aorund with medium format film. When done with Full Sail I plan on moving out to Austin, Texas somewhat near my home on Texas's large scale. oh, and a common misconception is that flickr is a stock photography site...which it is not. it's a site photographers and just normal people use to upload and share their pictures personally."

http://flickr.com/photos/almostred/
<----my flickr page

http://bridge.thegluenetwork.com/TheBridge.aspx?mid=2515 <----Bridge Network

What is the Bridge? Why are there 24,902 miles?
The goal of this website is to build a virtual bridge around the planet connecting people who want to make a difference in the world. The distance around the world is 24,902 miles and we are asking 24,902 people to add miles to create this virtual bridge. For each mile created, funds will be given to the charity selected. The goal is to raise $24,902 for people in need.

No comments: