Sunday, August 2, 2009

Student Ideas - Raniel Dantic




This drawing was made for a postcard assignment made to mimic a style. I chose to mimic Art Nouveau, well John Dyer Baizley for the most part. He is a current artist whom I have solely recognized for his album art and poster design. I am interested in the way he collages beautiful imagery with gore. The idea of combining opposites is an obsession of mine. My drawings are just doodles in which some occassions become an elaborate composition. There is never a process or an idea. Along with most, I have recognized drawing to be a meditation and without the right mindset I find it impossible to draw a line.
the 'postcard' assignment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/afrocentric/Poster.jpg?t=1248193300

revised for flyer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/afrocentric/BuffClout2.jpg?t=1248193300

Raniel Dantic
canigetopen.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Chris g said...

This is nice. It reminds me of Bob Masse, 60's phycadelia stuff.